In addition to full papers, ICMR 2015 is inviting short paper submissions: original contributions incorporating latest results, 4 pages long in ACM format, addressing innovative research in the broad field of multimedia retrieval. We wish to incorporate innovative contributions addressing the main problem of search and retrieval but also the related and equally important issues of multimedia content management, user interaction, and community-based management.
Topics of Interest (not limited to)
- Content and context based indexing, search and retrieval of multimedia data
- Multimodal content analysis and retrieval
- Deep learning for multimedia retrieval
- Advanced descriptors and similarity metrics for audio, image, video and 3D data
- Complex multimedia event detection and recounting
- Learning and relevance feedback in multimedia retrieval
- Query models, paradigms, and languages for multimedia retrieval
- Hashing and indexing algorithms for large-scale retrieval
- Cross-media retrieval
- Fine-grained visual search
- Human perception based multimedia retrieval
- Studies of information-seeking behavior among image/video users
- Affective/emotional interaction or interfaces for image/video retrieval
- HCI issues in multimedia retrieval
- Crowdsourcing in multimedia retrieval
- Community-based multimedia content management
- Internet of multimedia things
- Image/video summarization and visualization
- Mobile visual search
- Applications of multimedia retrieval
- Evaluation of multimedia retrieval systems
- Paper Submission:
January 15, 2015
January 25, 2015, 11:59 PM PST
- Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2015
- Camera-Ready Papers Due: April 15, 2015
The ICMR uses a double-blind review process for short paper selection. Authors should not know the names of the reviewers of their papers, and reviewers should not know the name(s) of the authors. Please prepare your paper in a way that preserves anonymity of the authors.
Abstract and Keywords
The abstract and the keywords form the primary source for assigning papers to reviewers. So make sure that they form a concise and complete summary of your paper with sufficient information to let someone who doesn’t read the full paper know what it is about .
Maximum Length of a Paper
Each short paper should not be longer than 4 pages.